Easy Vegan Banana Pumpkin Loaf
I have a confession… I don’t like pumpkin. In fact I kind of hate it. Lattes, pies, loaves, it’s just not my thing. I do love the smell when I cook or bake with it though. Reminds me of home and my Dad. Who is basically the reason I learned to bake with it since he LOVES anything pumpkin ? And this loaf is his favourite. And he says it’s AMAZING. And it’s vegan. And he doesn’t even know….
· 2 cups flour
· ¼ cup ground flax meal
· 1 tsp baking powder
· ½ tsp baking soda
· 2 tbsp ground cinnamon
· 1 teaspoon nutmeg
· 1 teaspoon ginger
* I also added Allspice and Pumpkin Pie spice and ground cloves to taste
· 1 cup pureed plain pumpkin
· 2 mashed ripe banana
• 1/4 cup apple sauce
· ½ cup water
· 1 tsp vinegar (I used maple flavour from #yeg Evoolution)
· ¼ cup olive oil (I used butter flavour from #yeg Evoolution)
· 1 cup dark brown sugar, not packed
· 1/4 cup sugar (I used coconut)
Combine all of your wet and all of your dry ingredients in separate bowls.
Then add the dry ingredients to the wet, and mix until smooth. (I use a hand mixer)
Pour batter into a lightly greased loaf pan, and spread out to be even.
Bake at 350 degrees for about 45min-1 hr or until toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean.